Strategy Innovation - Professional Workshop
How to create breakthrough strategies on demand
The Strategy Innovation workshop, by Robert L. Cantrell, presents tools and techniques to enhance the way you overcome adversaries and obstacles. You will learn how to apply universal principles of strategy that have carried master thinkers to victory throughout the ages. At the conclusion of this workshop, you will have a significant advantage in competition over those who have not been exposed to this material.
Topics covered include:
- The four good results of any strategy, and the four bad results How to know when you are winning or losing.
- The race of decision cycles How to act and succeed at a pace your competitors cannot match.
- Multi-dimensional thinking How to multiply your strategic options by considering all aspects of your power.
- Optimal thresholds How to manage the critical balance between too good and not good enough.
- Strategy Innovation How to create breakthrough strategies on demand.
Workshop materials include:
- Art of War: Sun Tzu Strategy Card Deck The most concise summary of strategic principles available on the market that is in use at the National Defense University.
- Understanding Sun Tzu on the Art of War Strategy book also in use by the National Defense University that draws on Sun Tzus Art of War.
- Six Angles of Competition Paper that maps competitive space from many dimensions that is considered one of the ten best published through the Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals.
- Competitive Vectors Expansion of the Six Angles of Competition that explores the competitive element of time.
- Intellectual Property Revenue Generation Game Paper that illustrates how to create the "game" being played in a given strategy arena for the purpose of applying actions to achieve intended results.
Robert L. Cantrell is the president of Center For Advantage, based in Arlington, VA, where he works to make the best of past and present strategic thought useful for his clients. His professional background is in consulting and sales and includes prior employment at IBM/ROLM, Dean Witter, Thomson Information, and Manning & Napier. In addition to his business experience, Robert was an infantry platoon leader with the 101st Airborne Division (Screaming Eagles). His academic background includes undergraduate degrees in Biology and Military Science from Duke University and an MBA from Edinburgh Business School, UK. Robert has given several hundred presentations and workshops on competitive strategy and competitive intelligence at companies and at conferences around the world.
Workshop Length and Agenda:
Workshop length and agenda are variable depending upon client needs. Half day, day, and two day workshops are available. (Longer workshops allow for a greater depth of instruction.)
The agenda will have several instruction-exercise-discussion cycles that include the topics:
1. Building a Strategic Framework
2. Winning the Decision Cycle Race
3. Leveraging Multi-dimensional Thinking
4. Raising Efficiency and Effectiveness through Optimization Management
5. Strategy Innovation
These agenda items are taught and explored in context with strategies presented in Understanding Sun Tzu on the Art of War and the Art of War: Sun Tzu Strategy Card Deck.
Key Attendee Benefits:
Attendees will learn how to:
- See an expanded range of possibilities and threats
- Plan from an expanded variety of options
- Succeed with enhanced rapidity, effectiveness, and efficiency
Who should attend?
Present and future executives
For more information or to book, contact:
Offices of Landon IP, Inc.
1700 Diagonal Road, Suite 450
Alexandria, VA 22314
Copyright © 2004 Center For Advantage All Rights Reserved